CC Military Surplus in Iowa City
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CC Military Surplus in Iowa City

anyone been there, if so what did you think? i bought a Condor vest and Admin Pouch, it wasnt to bad on pricing, and the guy was fun to talk to. If you know a better place in the area lets hear it, im new to Iowa.

As far as I know, thats the best place in Iowa to get airsoft gear. I usually go after I go to the Hawkeye game and they have a good selection and pricing and they actually airsoft, not just plink around with them like JAX did.
    "A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit."
    - Army's magazine of preventive maintenance

cool, cause i live good and close to there, i got some pouches in the mail and i cant wait to see how that vest i got looks with all the pouches

Only thing, some of their stuff specially their guns are way over priced.

ya, i noticed their prices, but its nice to see it in person before you order it online, and there guns are overpriced, but they gotta make a profit

Gear and some ammo is pretty good, they had some King Arms .2's last time I went, but their pricing on guns is insane, and most of that stuff has been there for a few years.

i know, but everyone has to make their money, but you never know someone will buy it eventualy, and i saw an ICS there which was cool to get to pick up and get a feel for, might buy it after i get the money, after all it cant hurt to support a local store

Great place if you need pouches quick. Fun to poke around inside too. Lots of neat stuff. Agreed on guns... pricey!

You don't make any money if you don't flip merchandise. So, when you overprice an item and they become a wall hanger, well...you get no sales.

Back in 2006, CC Showed up to the First Airsoft Trade show in MN. They priced their WELL's in the 280 dollar price range when at other tables TM we being sold for 300.00, new. You'd have figured they would have learned back then, but the owners are rather diminutive on what a good sales model is for airsoft.

Very poor marketing plan, that is why they got left behind when other retailers took off with "reasonable" pricing.

good point, i still like the store and agree with some of the prices but as said by everyone the guns are way over priced