TAG Shellback Tactical Banshee Plate Carrier

Default TAG Shellback Tactical Banshee Plate Carrier

I've done a lot of research on cheap but high quality plate carriers and have settled on one brand in particular. I wanted to share what I found just in case anyone else is in the market to pick one up. Obviously everyone is different with what they want so this may not apply to you. It did for me.

I got fed up with Plate Carriers that where too big and bulky or too little MOLLE. I found a plate carrier for goldie locks.

The Shellback Tactical Banshee Plate Carrier made by TAG.

My requirements:
    1) Not too pricey
    2) Dependable
    3) Excellent Quality
    4) Low End of Top of the line Build
    5) Multicam, Ranger Green, Coyote
    6) Light weight
    7) Medium to Small form factor (i.e., 12 x 10 plates)
    8) Lifetime warranty

Here is what I found and at the best price around with free shipping: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ANRN7Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ANRN7Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00[/ame]

I just ordered one in MC. With the cumberbun you can fit more mag pouches - beyond just 3 or stacked 6 on the chest.

Here is a pic in Ranger Green: http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....ecarrier.aspx#

Quote Originally Posted by armsofgeddon View Post
    The Shellback Tactical Banshee Plate Carrier made by TAG.

[BHere is a pic in Ranger Green: http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....ecarrier.aspx#
    Good move. I've got a Ranger Green TAG Rampage and have been generally impressed. The quality - stitching, trim, etc. - is exactly what you should expect. The Shellback system seems popular and will likely be supported for sometime, plus they are tough enough not to wear out.

The support and delivery of TAG has certainly improved since MC Industries took over too. My opinion is buying U.S.-made gear costs a little bit more, but increases the likelihood of higher quality and support.

TAG has pretty good closeout deals on their website. I picked up a new slick-side Rampage armor carrier recently for a third of the list price.
    Cry God for Harry! England and Saint George! - Henry V, Act III

If you buy used, you can get even better deals. Best places to look online for used RS gear is gear specific forums and RS gun forums. Otherwise, if you're making any trips near major military bases, particularly ones housing higher echelon units, the surplus stores can have some good deals.

Keep in mind too, that requirement #7 shouldn't be an issue with most plate carriers, as all of the good ones come in different sizes to accommodate the different plate sizes.
    Touchette (Pronounced Two-Shay)

Name
    Jesse

I use the tan shellback banshee plate carrier. Tye had one and I feel in love with it. I use it for airsoft and real steel when I am out training with the AR. Very lightweight (without the plates) and doesnt feel bulky. Add some HSGI taco pouches and its a perfect match. 10/10 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchette View Post
    Otherwise, if you're making any trips near major military bases, particularly ones housing higher echelon units, the surplus stores can have some good deals..
    One of my biggest pet peeves about Iowa - no federal military bases. We don't get the jobs nor the good surplus stores. Pretty much Iowa and Vermont get screwed for permanent federal-funded bases/stations.

The bordering state bases close to Iowa - Offutt/Stratcom and Rock Island Arsenal - aren't exactly like being next door to Benning, Hood or Riley for nylon gear surplus sales.
    Cry God for Harry! England and Saint George! - Henry V, Act III