Are JG airsoft weapons good guns?

Exclamation Are JG airsoft weapons good guns?

Are JG airsoft weapons good guns? If anybody is interested in research would they mind looking me up a good gun that I should start off with that is under $150? Also find thec proper batteries, charger, and mags I should use for the weapon. Preferably an AEG with more than 360 fps and maybe some metal. I'm just staring to get serious and I'm not sure what stuff is good and what stuff isn't. Thanks.
    God Fearing

New JG are good. Old JG's are bad. For 150.00 I would go good used refurb. Because a Good pack will run you 20.00 and if your getting serious you want a good charger too and that will also run you 30.00 which does not leave you much for an AEG at 100.00.

I agree with Guges, the new JG's make fine starter guns, however they do need a tune up out of the box to be reliable. I still see a lot of bone stock/untuned JG's fail at games. The parts required for the basic tune up can be had for less than $20 and most of them you can get at your local hardware store. The only things you would really need from an airsoft store would be shims and sorbothane.

Battery wise, check out EliteAirsoftBattery.com and pick up a nunchuck pack.

A basic smart charger would get the job done, but if you are going to get into airsoft seriously, I would recommended getting a charger from a RC website. You can get a good one for around $25-$35 but would need to buy a power source for it as well.
    Iowa State Airsoft Club

The charger in question that A101 mentions, I am providing for our club at $35.00 shipped which includes the DC PSU.

Imax B6.

Default Thanks

Thanks fellas. What do you mean by "it might need a tune up out of the box"?
    God Fearing

Tune ups generally consist of little things that really make or break a gun. Things like fixing compression, angle of engagement, gear shimming (specifically starting with pinion/bevel mesh and other small things will make your gun much more reliable than it is out of the box. This goes for any gun, not just a JG.

For a fairly comprehensive list on these little things that you can do to make your gun great, check out this link: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Mi...w-t220266.html
    Iowa State Airsoft Club

Remember this is Airsoft.

Take any concept of American Consumerism and throw it out the window. These products are made cheaply in China, made better in Hong Kong or Taiwan and the best in Japan.

There are no warranties or guarantee. It is buyer beware and you get what you pay for.

Someone on the EIA facebook page has a jg ak full metal for sale for $120.
    Hagel om de weerstand!!!

JG is a great company. It obviously isn't a Lonex, G&P, VFC, or TM, but they'll go up against them just fine. Let's say it like this, it'll hold it's ground, but it won't make other people hold their own