Good long range GBB pistol? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How much would you want for that kit? I'm considering it, though I might have to sell some more stuff to go that route.
    So the kit would just be both barrels and the compensator? And would it work with a KWA M9 PTP?

BTW, Gear, if you get a KSC Glock, make sure to get a metal slide if you use propane/green gas...

Yeah, the kit upper is $120.0

KSC does not make "new" production Glocks with plastic slide for sale outside of Japan.

Wait, so do you mean the kit is the slide and everything and it just needs to be installed on a lower (and if so would it need a PTP or older lower)? Sorry to ask, I'm just confusing myself again. >.<

And reason I mentioned getting a metal slide is because I traded for a plastic slide version (which was the only one I could get my hand on at the time). Had to replace the slide with a metal one.
    Last edited by InfernalMarksman; 06-20-2011 at 09:01 AM.

TM Desert eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    TM Desert eagle
    Hard to holster, no hicap mags, mostly show with average go....blah, blah, blah...inherent slide weakness that cannot take HP abuse.

Against a comp-kitted M9....no comparison.

Comp Kit is $120.00
    Mags are $40.00 (49 rounders)
    And I have a metal slide...if not snag the one you saw that was for sale with that GBB.
    Last edited by Guges mk3; 06-28-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guges mk3 View Post
    inherent slide weakness that cannot take HP abuse.
    What are you talking about can't take HP abuse? I ran mine exclusively on propane/green gas for 4 years before I had anything malfunction. And even then it was just a broken arm on the loading nozzle which is only minor annoyance you can still use the gun just fine.

Well, I've got someone who offered to buy everything in my thread, just waiting to hear back from him. If everything is well and good, I'll be buying the M9 stuff from Marsden, and a KSC M92 w/ metal slide and TM Deagle (that the guy's run on propane) from someone else. I've also got an NS2 CZ75 that will show up at my door Thursday morning. M92 for long-range, Deagle for mid- to long-range, CZ75 for short- to mid-range (or maybe farther). Assuming my sale goes through, sounds like I'll have the best of all worlds.

And no problem holstering the Deagle. The pistols and extended mags are going to be held in M4 pouches on the vest I buy. Plus, it'll be fun (and intimidating) to have a pistol that size.

I would beg to differ Guges, as the majority of M9 pistols have inherently bad hop-up units. I've never seen a M9 gbb that performed as well as say a TM glock/sig/DE. However on the other hand we just put a PDI 6in barrel in Evan's TM DE and I've never seen a pistol throw .28's out soo far. Personally I've never had a KSC/KWA pistol that shot well at long ranges, and I've owned about 20 of them. Sure they have power, but paired with a inferior hop-up unit means that they go everywhere, just really fast.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLci5DoZqHU

71 years old and still relevant.

"Courage, Endurance, Mateship, Sacrifice"
    "A Machine gun in the right hands is like a sniper rifle with more bullets"

Anything in particular you'd suggest for longer ranges Marsden? Preferably able to use extended mags...

Did you forget I completely rebuilt KSC M9 back in the early Mid-2000's. These are not off the shelf KSC M9's.

Zeke Slides, G&G Comp Kits, M93R barrels, 200% hammer spring...

And right now on my pistol rebuild table, I have a Chrome DE that has a cracked slide on both sides. This DE was used exclusive in a HP evnvironement. A DE in IA is not a HP environment. I am talking 95+ degree heat of Texas every weekend for a year. The guy sent it up and he gave me all the details. Granted this guy used "Real HFC-122" and not the Mutt Gas/Green/Propane that most other people use.

I have seen similar failures with DE's used in Nevada too...high heat and high alttude there.