Built from scratch m4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Built from scratch m4

ok guys my next project i am planning on is a bit of an undertaking for myself since this will be the first time i would be doing this, i am looking to build a M4 completely from scratch i have all the time in the world cuz i wanna make sure i do this right and i wanna make sure i dont mess it up so i am asking who is able and willing to assist me in advise and pointers most of the stuff i would be getting from evike but i am not opposed to getting it from somewhere else provided its cheaper then evike or if evike doesnt have it, now when i say from scratch i mean from scratch parts to parts so again who is willing to assist me in help and tips?

now i am looking to build a M4A1 with rail system preferably wired to the rear, this would be a loaner rifle if and when i get this finished so i would like this thing to be built like a tank if it shoots better then my current ICS custom M4 then i will use it more often but like i said since i have plenty of time to get this started money shouldnt be a problem because i will be putting money aside each paycheck for this starting next paycheck so i am hoping that by the time i start this i have about $300+ to start it.
    i will be doing this in 2 main parts.
    1. is the receiver which will be my starting point and the part i spend the most on.
    2. is the barrel and assembly and the stock.

again i will welcome any help
    Memento mori

Why not just buy a new AEG for that price and just tighten it up?

Trying to piece together parts from various makers is going to cause more headaches than it is worth and it will cost more than 300.00

that was just 300 for the main parts of the receiver only i know this will cost alot and i want to build something i am proud of and proud to show off i want to use this as a learning tool
    Memento mori

i was thinking of building a G&G challenge kit with a CQC outer barrel and rail system and play with that until the innerds break and then tear it apart and replace everything internally
    Memento mori

Oh...you want to build a gas rifle?

G&P Challenge kits are available.

Name
    Andy

As you weren't listening to most of the advice people who've done this before were giving you on Facebook, I'd recommend going with whatever you want. The G&G AEG Challenge kit is sounding like what you want to do. Kind of a lousy deal for what you're getting if you ask me, but if it makes you happy, go for it!
    3CM10
    When in doubt, trick it out.

ok just nevermind on it you guys dont seem to see my point on it or i am failing to explain myself clear enough so this project is going to be scratched
    Memento mori

Its not that no one sees your point, its theyre not worth it. if you want to learn how to build guns your best bet is a boneyard. Theyre cheap, and most of the time its something so stupid thats wrong it may only cost a few dollars to fix and you have a brand new gun to work up from. Those stupid challenge kits are like 120-140 and they're missing half the gun, to complete it your looking at another 80+ doll hairs for a decent rail and whatever else you want to do it, but at the end of the day, its just another run of the mill G&G m4 that everyone else already has or has had at one point. Ill give you an example. I bought this gun for 130 dollars from Willis. The rear stock, and selector were broken and it had a shitty plastic flashhider glued on it (not original). To buy all the accessories it came with new would have cost me close to the asking price of the gun already. I put about 50 into it initally for the new stock, flash hider (which hasn't arrived yet) and a whole new selector assembly. When I was fitting the stock I messed up the lower reciever and it cost me 50 for another one. I could have honestly left it alone, the stock covered it up but it bothered me so I had to fix it.
    No ones gonna leave you hanging, if you have questions ask, people will help you out. Almost everyone on the facebook group is also on this forum. Ill be honest I dont use the facebook group regularly because of all the stupid things people post up on a regular basis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20131220_212644385.jpg   IMG_20131220_212805881.jpg  

ok i will look around on the boneyards and see what i can dig up
    Memento mori

I'm currently in the midst of a project like this. It's been 13 months and well over $700 into my gun and I'm still searching to find compatible parts to finish the build.

As it turns out not all parts are made with the best tolerances...