Suggestions for muffling spring sniper internals
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Suggestions for muffling spring sniper internals

I would like to make my well mb06 quieter, but would like some suggestions from people who have experience with doing this. I am looking for ways to reduce vibration and dampen noise from the internals.

I have a mad bull python 6.03mm x 455mm barrel, angel custom neo 1 piece hop up with mad bull bucking, and the angel custom tune up kit with a guarder piston head

Your not going to be able to dampen noise much beyond what it does now. And honestly...the noise you hear is not really audible beyond 30'.

Alright thanks,

I was planning on making a memory foam cradle around the trigger box and under the cylinder, as well as tightly packing memory foam in the barrel between the barrel spacers to maybe help eliminate the vibration. Do you think this would work? I'm trying to get quieter and help the guns internals not vibrate quite as much.

If you want to "bed" your gun to make it quieter...you can.

But, the effects are not as dramatic short distance. You hear the "twang" because your head is next to your spring gun...but beyond 30 feet...no one is going to heat it much if at all.

But, I would not do this on your only weapon.

As someone who runs a upgraded spring rifle all the time, honestly people don't notice the sound outside of 20-30'.

Sorbo'ing the cylinder head might slightly reduce your noise level too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLci5DoZqHU

71 years old and still relevant.

"Courage, Endurance, Mateship, Sacrifice"
    "A Machine gun in the right hands is like a sniper rifle with more bullets"

Thanks both of you I realized that the sound dissipates quickly i was mainly wanting to get rid of some of the "twang" but the vibration was the main concern because that can also hurt accuracy which is key in a spring rifle as you already know. Also do either of you have any thoughts on the ghop or rhop mods? I have always ran a stock bucking and not had any trouble with shooting accurately and havent really ever had troubles with flyers

The Twang has very little to do with accuracy...you bb has left the barrel before the harmonics even has a change to affect your bb.

If you don't like the twang. Put a new spring in.

I run a madbull 6.01, now I used to use a 70 degree maple leaf + home made hop-up nub. This had me running 545fps w/.2's all day long very consistantly.

Then I switched to a Rhop, same barrel, TM bucking. FPS dropped to 456 w/.2's almost every shot. The drop in FPS was due to the fact that I did a Rhop instead of a ER-hop which is required for heavier bb's/higher fps.

In all reality, they shoot pretty much the same. The Rhop is a little more consistant groupings wise. Both were very consistant fps wise.

All in all, I wouldn't do the Rhop unless you are willing to do the ER hop, which requires cutting your barrel.

As for the "twang," honestly from the results I've had, it comes from cheap parts vs. expensive parts. I had two aps2 setups, shooting roughly the same FPS (550 w/.2's), and the set up with all PDI parts was much quieter than the setup with the clone china made PDI parts. This has a lot to do with the tolerances between the piston, spring and cylinder.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLci5DoZqHU

71 years old and still relevant.

"Courage, Endurance, Mateship, Sacrifice"
    "A Machine gun in the right hands is like a sniper rifle with more bullets"

It (my rifle) doesnt have a twang unless by twang we meant the slam of the piston when fired(which is more of a light crack followed by the glorified "puff" as the air and bb leave the barrel), the gun overall is quieter than most but i feel like it can be quieter because of the body being abs and the hollow spots of the body. I just feel like there is room for improvement.

What about the g-hop mod any thoughts on that versus stock bucking with fishbone nub(current setup)

R hop ftw. Getting 300+ft on stock a&k sr25 with .3g bbs