Echo 1 PSR problem

Default Echo 1 PSR problem

Very inexperienced tinkering with bolt action springers so my parts terminology will be off. From what I've read online, it's essentially a JG bar 10.

It's had maybe 70 rounds through but even early on it had an issue where I'd cock it and the trigger wouldn't move. After a little jiggling it would fire. Now when I pull the bolt back it slams forward immediately so the piston isn't locking into compressed position.

Gonna start tearing into it soon but unfamiliar with parts/names/overall function. Any ideas what happened/what I'm going to find when I get in there?

Your sears are worn out. You can fix this buy either buying a new set of sears/piston or buying a 90 degree zero trigger/piston.

This is a very common problem with stock bolt action rifles. I would suggest the zero trigger/piston route. It will only run you about $100 for the kit off evike but will be able to withstand 550+ fps for thousands of rounds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLci5DoZqHU

71 years old and still relevant.

"Courage, Endurance, Mateship, Sacrifice"
    "A Machine gun in the right hands is like a sniper rifle with more bullets"

Worn out after 50 to 70 rds? Bajeezus! Zero trigger it is thanks man!

Yeah, the standard trigger parts running anything over 400 fps will really only last for a few rounds. The 45 degree trigger system is a terrible system for high fps, good choice on the zero trigger.

My 98k is about 10 years old with probably 10k rounds through it at 550 with a zero trigger and it's still kicking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLci5DoZqHU

71 years old and still relevant.

"Courage, Endurance, Mateship, Sacrifice"
    "A Machine gun in the right hands is like a sniper rifle with more bullets"

Name
    KamInjera

Default Echo 1 PSR problem

Yeah i believe the compressor is kicking on and off. Its random tho which makes diagnoses hard. I checked all the switch wires and seem to be tight.