About this website
    Name
    E.J.

Default About this website

So it's that time of year the bills are due for this website. Which makes me question whether this site is even needed anymore. As dead as it is, and with people moving to Facebook I just don't know. I hate to shell out another $60/yr($40 hosting, $20 domain name) to be wasted, or ask others to donate to something that is dying.

I used to think it was good to have a place for newer players to start. However, looking at activity its become a dead end. I honestly don't know how we can revive the site.

Right now I'm looking for thoughts, suggestions, or even if someone wants to take the baton and run with this.

It does seem like more people are switching over to Facebook. But it is nice to have a place where newer players can find games and talk to people. We just need to make the sport popular again. Which is hard in Iowa. But I know the crew at central city is trying to grow the sport as well.

We have the same issue with MAA up north.

But, the issue is FB isn't structured and you lose material due to lack of views.

The Illinois forum is the same way. Even some of the global forums have slowed down. I really haven't seen much posting here, other than games. I hate to say shut down the forum, but I just don't think there is enough action/traffic to warrant keeping it open.
    Iowa State Airsoft Club

Name
    Will

It's nice to have it around as an archive. But most of the new members joining the site are just spam bots, I try to keep up with deleting them. Any way to just turn the website into an archive, prevent new members joining to prevent spam bots. I'd like to keep it around because I like sending new players here to learn.
    RusFor!

Are there alternative hosting companies that will do it for cheaper? I'd look to that as a first option, then proceed to the alternatives if that fails.

I think worst case you could probably throw this under a sub-domain and host it for free (thinking wix for example)