Hidden Acres Airsoft Camp?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hidden Acres Airsoft Camp?

My friend told me that Hidden Acres was starting an airsoft camp this year. I checked their website and sure enough, it is. Anybody know anything about this? Will it be all crappy Walmart guns, or will it actually be decent?
    "A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit."
    - Army's magazine of preventive maintenance

IDK what type of guns the will be getting but I know the guy that runs it and it is a really fun place to go. I thought about helping with it so I will have to see whats up.

Ya we'll definitely have to get involved in it. Us, Powers, and Jonathon could help out a lot.
    "A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit."

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMan View Post
    My friend told me that Hidden Acres was starting an airsoft camp this year. I checked their website and sure enough, it is. Anybody know anything about this? Will it be all crappy Walmart guns, or will it actually be decent?
    Its what you make it right? just like anything else

Ya I know. But experienced guys running around with good gear against people just starting might be a little lopsided and it may turn some people off. There's only one group of guys I play with and I think if this camp is successful, we could have a whole lot more airsofters. I'd love more competition outside of the guys I play with already. That's why I love going to DOA.

My son went to Hidden Acres summer camp last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. Best I can tell they did paint-ball as one of the specialty camps before and this year for the first time it is airsoft - sign of the times :-)
    He was too young to do a specialty camp last year and is still deciding between the airsoft one or the real steel shooting session for this summer. For the airsoft they say you can bring your own AEG, so ya I hope they have quality guns lined for those who don't have bring one.
    The counselors were great, he had lots of fun at the various activities available, enjoyed the small group sessions and looked forward to the chapel time too.

So it dosn't get lopsided they'd have to make teams based on weapons possibly to make it even if it really worries anyone i guess.

I am pretty pumped for this. I hope they get plenty of support.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum_star View Post
    So it dosn't get lopsided they'd have to make teams based on weapons possibly to make it even if it really worries anyone i guess.
    A weapon is only as good as the player wielding it.

That's how I see it too, but some poor sports think it's all about the rifle you carry. I was doing pretty good for myself with a beater m14 with fps of 285....now it's alot higher. A good player could probly get away with a walmart gun. lol Hmmm.... I'd like to see that happen once.